Friday 20 July 2012

Is a Blog a form of prayer?.

It's 03:18 GMT (+1).

The pain that started yesterday morning lingered on and came back with a vengeance. It was just a niggle when I first took paracetamol. The second doses was taken with a certain urgency 4 hours later and 2 hours after that I was starting to panic. It'd got worse and walking was beginning to distress me. What do I do now. I was at work. I knew I had a DHC tablet at home and knew that I could take on top of the P's. I couldn't wait another 2 hours for Co-codamol. Shite. What if it doesn't help? What'll I do then? Driving was fine and got home without incident. Took the one and only DHC and a Diazepam and stretching and focusing on something else and hoping it'll work. It was both legs this time. Thank God it worked and eased off over 3-4 hours. Back to "normal". It wasn't all gone, but it was tolerable enough. Tequila nightcap and bed at a 11. Woken now. My wife was snoring softly. Why should my issues waken her? Leaving bed I did the usual routine of finding slippers, the box of strong medication from the drawer, slipping the dressing gown from the hook and creaking the stairs to go down. Kettle on. Co-co's taken. Ciggy rolled. Tea masking. Me at the PC writing to myself and trying to find escape from my misery through expressing it to the world via this Blog.

Is a Blog a form of prayer?

I'm sharing my thoughts, my fears and my life with no-one that I know is there or even cares. Is it the same as praying to someone you don't know for sure is listening or even exists, but the very action relives the moment by just letting it out that relieves the moment.

Please God hear my prayer as I wait for the effects of the drug. The tea is refreshing, the darkness still as a glimmer of light on the horizon heralds a dawn chorus. Then I won't be entirely alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment